Copaiba essential oil is derived from the resin of the copaiba tree, which can grow upwards of more than 100 feet and can be found in tropical South America. Copaiba is widely used in cosmetic products including soaps, creams, lotions, and perfumes. Since the 16th century, copaiba essential oil has been utilized in traditional health practices by the natives of north and northeastern Brazil. Similar to Black Pepper essential oil, Copaiba can help soothe anxious feelings and it can be applied to the skin to promote a clear, smooth complexion. Taken internally, Copaiba essential oil supports the health of the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, and nervous systems.* It also helps support a healthy inflammatory response.* Copaiba essential oil can be added directly to the mouth to cleanse and soothe the gums and oral cavity. Although Copaiba oil does not contain psychoactive cannabinoids, the main component, β-caryophyllene, may be neuroprotective and may have cardiovascular and immune benefits when consumed.* It’s also a powerful antioxidant that promotes immune health.*
Copaiba oil contains the highest levels of β-caryophyllene (BCP) among currently known essential oils. An irregular cannabinoid and sesquiterpene, BCP is a potent constituent within copaiba essential oil. BCP selectively binds to CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system (ECS)—a signaling and regulating system comprised of enzymes, receptor sites throughout the body, and endocannabinoids produced by the body. With cannabinoid receptors found widely in the body and all major organs, the ECS acts as a major regulator of human health. The CB2 receptors in this system are of particular importance because they are mostly found within the immune system. When Copaiba is consumed, the BCP binds to these receptors to aid healthy immune and inflammatory responses.* It also influences multiple signaling pathways to promote healthy liver, digestive, kidney, heart, and brain function.* With its wide influence on key organs, BCP supports general well-being.
- Add one to two drops to water, juice, or tea to support the health of the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and respiratory system.*
- Provides antioxidant support when ingested.*
- Take internally to help soothe and calm the nervous system.*
- Apply topically combined with a carrier oil or a facial moisturizer to help keep skin clean and clear, and to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- Swish with two drops of Copaiba Oil and one drop of Peppermint Oil to freshen the breath and promote oral cleanliness.
- Apply two to three drops and cover with Deep Blue Rub to soothe sore, tired muscles after strenuous activity.
- Mix equal amounts of Copaiba Oil and Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to restore stressed skin.
- Add one drop of Copaiba to your daily HD Clear® Facial Lotion application to improve the appearance of the skin.
- Place one to two drops of Copaiba under the tongue to encourage a general sense of well-being during periods of stress or nervousness.
- Diffuse three drops each of Copaiba and Breathe to support healthy respiratory function.
- Diffuse two drops each of Copaiba, Vetiver Lavender, and Wild Orange to promote restful sleep at night.
- Diffuse two drops of Copaiba with four drops of Serenity to promote a calm and peaceful environment.
- Supports the health of the cardiovascular, immune, and digestive systems when ingested*
- Powerful antioxidant benefits when taken internally*
- Internal use helps calm, soothe, and support the nervous system*
- Promotes clear, smooth skin and reduces the appearance of blemishes